To develop odor treatment techniques that provide more efficient and viable solutions than conventional ones, and that allow to obtain more feasible odoriferous and environmental results in those industrial processes and water treatment.
Development and optimization of high efficiency technologies for odor removal:
• Design of a bioscrubber, odor photoreactor and nanoparticle reactor from the modification of a chemical wash deodorization system.
• Modification of an existing biofiltration system, to increase its efficiency and robustness through the use of novel materials and the combination of these.
Development of highly efficient technologies for the treatment of odors in industrial and wastewater treatment processes
- Project duration: 01/02/2014-31/12/2015
- Funding: Project financed by the Center for Industrial Technological Development (CDTI) and co-financed by the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area (EEA Grants) within the Program on Science and Technology in the Environment and Climate Change.
- Budget: 760.106 €
- Participating entities: Sacyr Agua, KHAI and the Institute of Water and Environmental Sciences of the University of Alicante.
- High efficiency deodorization
- Advanced biofiltration