To develop a low-cost and low-exploitation technology for the removal of nutrients and emerging contaminants from small populations.
Development of an improved green filter that can act as tertiary treatment and as a reuse technology, capable of increasing the elimination of emerging nutrients and contaminants by applying low-cost and easy-to-acquire materials.
Development of innovative tertiary wastewater treatment technology based on green filters
- Project duration: 01/04/2016-31/05/2017
- Funding: Own Funding
- Participating entities: Sacyr Agua and the FILVER Research Group, of the University of Alcalá, University of Rey Juan Carlos and IMDEA Agua
- Removal of emerging contaminants
- Low implementation and operation costs
- Biomass production and CO2 capture