Smart Met Value
To recover the energy of biogas generated in the anaerobic digestion process of wastewater by transforming it into biomethane, a renewable biofuel with the same properties as conventional natural gas.
Development of a biogas cleaning system for obtaining a quality biomethane for grid injection and other uses, such as automotive.
The process is based on a first phase of biogas gas absorption and a high-efficiency methane purification technology, with significantly lower energy consumption than currently used.
Intelligent biogas recovery
- Project duration: 01/01/2016-30/09/2017
- Funding: Project financed by the Center for Technological and Industrial Development (CDTI), co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the Multiregional Intelligent growth Operational Program 2014-2020.
- Budget: 834.867 €
- Participating entities: Sacyr Agua, Gómez Pardo Foundation, belonging to the higher Technical School of Mines and Energy Engineers of the Polytechnic University of Madrid, and Alfonso X El Sabio University.
- Obtain an indigenous and renewable fuel
- Improve efficiency in the integral water cycle
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Circular economy