To investigate and develop possible alternatives for the management and valorization of brines of desalination plants by means of innovative solutions, in an intensive way.
- Development of a system of recovery and valorization of salts from brines.
- Study of the possible industrial applications of brine or its by-products.
- Study of the technical and economic feasibility of zero-discharge systems based on evaporation-crystallization.
- Study of the feasibility of injecting brine into deep aquifers.
- Study of the different parameters and effects on the dilution of brine in the sea and comparison with the existing mathematical models.
Research project for the development of innovative solutions in the management of effluents from desalination plants
- Project duration: 01/01/2007-31/03/2010
- Funding: Project co-financed by the Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Trade, within the National Plan for Scientific Research, Development and Technological Innovation 2008-2011.
- Participating entities: Sadyt, Scrinser, Sacyr, Ecoagua, the University of Alicante, the Complutense University of Madrid, the Polytechnic University of Cataluña, the University of Alcalá de Henares and the University of Rey Juan Carlos.
- Management and valorization of brines
- Zero liquid discharge
- Recovery and valorization of salts
- Injection in deep aquifers