To develop a new brackish water and seawater desalination system to reduce energy consumption in desalination processes.
Development of a forward osmosis process combined with an ultrafiltration process for the recovery of the draw solution and the product water.
Development of an innovative desalination process for reducing energy consumption by forward osmosis
- Project duration: 01/02/2014-31/12/2015
- Funding: Project financed by the Center for Industrial Technological Development (CDTI) and co-financed by the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area (EEA Grants) within the Program on Science and Technology in the Environment and Climate Change.
- Budget: 558.282 €
- Participating entities: Sacyr Agua, the Water and Environmental Sciences Institute of the University of Alicante and the Norwegian Research Center Vestforsk.
- Forward Osmosis
- Sustainable desalination
- Reduction of energy consumption
- Reduction of carbon footprint