To study and characterize the substances involved in the generation of odours in each of the treatment stages of a WWTP in order to determine the most appropriate treatment system according to the group of substances involved.
Study and characterization of the substances involved in the generation of odours in each of the treatment stages of an industrial WWTP, comparing, in addition, the different measurement and treatment technologies of odours and develping an own methodology that allows a rapid diagnosis and the establishment of optimal advanced control tools in deodorization systems.
Research project on the generation, characterization, measurement and treatment of odours in wastewater treatment plants according to the emission sources
- Project duration: 01/07/2009-30/12/2012
- Funding: Project financed by the Center for Industrial Technological Development (CDTI) of the Ministry of Economy and competitiveness and co-financed by the European Union through the “Operational R&D&I Program for and for the benefit of companies (Technological Fund)”, of the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
- Budget: 1.204.412 €
- Participating entities: Sacyr Agua and the Institute of Water and Environmental Sciences of the University of Alicante.
- High efficiency deodorization
- Odour characterization and quantification
- Odour measurement methodology
- Odour simulation