Care Centers for People with Disabilities
What we pursue in the Care Centers for people with disabilities (both residential and day care centers) is the comprehensive and personalized care, providing all kind of services, from healthcare to the promotion of well-being, fostering the autonomy, rehabilitation, quality of life and social integration.
Our main goal is give support and the opportunities to each person to actively participate in their own life, believing and relying in their abilities, listening to their illusions and respecting their rights. Our work is based on individual routines, including activities in the district, adding the Methodology, Person-Centered Planning, as the main focus.
The specific goals pursued in the care of people with disabilities in Residences or Day Centers are:
- The normalization of people with disabilities by encouraging their personal, family, work and social development.
- Give a suitable comprehensive care by focusing on the person needs in all spheres of his/her life.
- Establish and promote communication among professionals for sharing best practices improving the results of the activities with each user within the Personal Support plan.
- Enhancing the independence and personal autonomy of users in the development of daily life activities.
- Open the Centre to the district, participating in activities that are organized by the district and by the centre, giving information about people with disabilities for clarifying myths .
- Stimulate and promote interpersonal communication, implementing alternative communication systems where necessary.
- Supply a Center based on the most modern theories of social activities, regarding the care of people with intellectual disabilities.
- Working with a psychological and pedagogical techniques where people with disabilities really are the players of their own Life Project.