Telecare service is a social service that allows, through the telephone line and with specific communications and computer equipment, to support people who are in a situation of dependence or require this support to stay at home, providing with a series of personalized care that can improve their security conditions and company during their daily life, enhancing independence and facilitating the integration of the person in his/her usual living environment.
It is an uninterrupted care service (24 hours, 365 days) that provides with care to individuals and/or families, at home or away from home, according to the modality applied, keeping them at home and integrating them into their environment, while at the same time improving their quality of life. It provides with personalized attention and assistance to the user, giving an immediate response in times of emergency or insecurity, loneliness, and isolation, with the support of the necessary resources and the use of information and communication technologies.
The aim of the telecare service is to improve users’ quality of life who are beneficiaries of this service, promoting their personal autonomy and greater permanence at home.
The specific goals of the service are:
- To provide with immediate and appropriate care in emergency situations through specialized personnel with the mobilization of the necessary resources.
- To guarantee interpersonal, two-way communication in the event of any need 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- To provide with personal attention to the user when necessary.
- Preventing early detection of risk situations.
- To provide with security and peace of mind to the user outside his/her home, through tele localization systems and mobile telephony, if necessary for a specific user profile.
- To build a means of support for those who assume the care of people in a situation of dependency.